Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My new found passion

Yippee!!! I've finally found my hobby!

The last time I was so passionate about something was in 2002, when I started taking salsa lessons. Ever since Hubby and I got together, I stopped going for lessons as he found it too intimate a dance; it requires male and female partnering. He just can't accept me in another man's arms! HAHA!

Ok, so what's this new found passion of mine? It's none other than SCRAPBOOKING!!!

Went for Scrapper ABC class at Julie's place today. Julie is the founder of Scrapbooking Cove, a Singapore scrapbooking material online store.

Take a look at my novice 'masterpiece'.

The class took only 2 hours. But I spent another 2 hours 'shopping' at Julie's home store. She has such a huge variety of materials. And having class at her place entitles us to purchase the materials at 10% discount!

Ecstatically, I started my shopping spree and ended up $300+ poorer... Haha!
There were SO many materials to buy - cardstocks, patterned paper, brads, eyelets, stickers, pens, glue, adhesive tapes, sheet protectors, beads, eyelet setter. And the list goes on.

The materials are so expensive because they are all acid-free and lignin free. In other words, they can be preserved for ages to come.

Last but not least, Julie introduced me to a scrapbook magazine that I just couldn't resist getting.
So... if you see that my blog is not being updated as regularly as before, you'll know why.

I'm busy scrapbooking! Haha!

No comments: