Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tokyo Part 1 - Shinjuku

(Post-dated)

Bic Camera store

Just as I expected, not that I'm complaining, I wasn't able to shop much in the infamous shopping area of Shinjuku as I'd brought Karyn along. But what I didn't expect was the infinite amount of carrying and traipsing that I had to do.

Weighing in at a full 10 kg without the 4 layers of clothes (thermal wear, long-sleeved top and trousers, a short-sleeved top and a winter jacket), I had been weight-training for 3 whole days as I carried her and walked up and down East and West Shinjuku aimlessly, "shopping". The thing is, the malls there are pretty much the same as what we have in SG - Isetan, Takashimaya, smaller Far East Plaza-like places. The only difference is the exorbitant prices!

Hence, I was just "experiencing" Shinjuku as I trawled the malls and carrying Karyn pretty much everywhere I went. 'Cos I was afraid if I were to let her venture walking on her own, it'd have been a nightmare for me to chase after her. Imagine a big and clumsy (thanks to the winter wear that we had to don) mother lunging after a small bulky shrieking toddler. Not a pretty sight.

So since I already had my hands full (Karyn in one and a huge diaper bag in the other), all the pictures we took were taken at night, after Hubby knocked off from work.


Layering up before heading out


Less than 10 degrees Celsius at night


Dinner at the real Azabu Sabo
It wasn't a smoke-free restaurant, we realised, after seated at our table. Quickly ate and left.


The famous LV store
Nope, didn't buy anything from there, in case you were wondering.
Didn't even step into the store. Me ain't into that kinda brands.
Too atas for me.


Munching on Muji rice crackers at midnight
Yup, her entire routine and diet went bonkers the week we were there.
She survived on Want Want milk balls and chawanmushi.
That was mostly all she wanted to eat.
Not that we didn't feed her anything else.

2 comments:

babywipes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My god, i finally get to see your beautiful Karyn.... I am missing Japan!