Sunday, September 03, 2006

I'm just answering to the call for more babies...

Over dinner at my in-laws' place, my sister-in-law lamented about her friend's P who banned the students from giving their teachers presents on Teachers' Day.

Her comment triggered a sigh of desperation from me.

Yeah, pity the teachers in that school. But who will pity me?

Remember in my previous entry I wrote about being offered a once-in-a-lifetime opporunity?

Well, I don't mind revealing it now...

I went for the audition that a local slimming centre (better not to disclose the name) conducted and was selected to be one of the "models". That means they were going to give me unlimited free treatments and my side of the deal was to appear in their publicity campaigns - advertisements on various media such as TV, newspapers, magazines, live appearance during roadshows, etc...

It was like a dream come true! I had the chance to shed the disgusting 26kg of pregnancy fat that I had accumulated over the past year - free of charge!

BUT...

As a teacher, I "have to maintain a sense of professionalism".

It is "against the interests of a teacher to be promoting such a service/product".

"Parents might disagree with your act and might stir up a big fuss".

"It might be blown out of proportions, especially if they go to the newspapers."

I think you can guess who made the above comments...

So who will pity me?

I'm not doing anything illegal; I'm only answering the G's call to have more babies...

And yet, in return for that, I can't grab this opportunity that's been offered to me.

"Take it up to a higher level!" urged my sister. "They should review the policies to allow civil servants (I hate that term! Makes us sound like slaves.) more freedom in starting a family... Women are so self-conscious nowadays..."

"One of the biggest reasons why the birth rate is not increasing is due to the fact that Baby Bonus does not solve the problem! We need a Mummy Bonus! Women need the money to regain their svelte figures after making such a big sacrifice when carrying a baby!"

"Go talk to the head of your head!" urged my sister again.

Sigh... it's easier said than done.

I still have my rice bowl to protect... what to do?

(No choice but)

Resign to fate (lor!) ...

Back to the "Black makes me look slimmer" and 2-hours-at-the-gym days again...


No comments: