Saturday, June 03, 2006

Frustrations of a pregnant woman due to give birth anytime now

All these episodes of false alarms are driving me crazy. Without fail, I'll be getting the familiar cramps EVERY DAY. Sometimes they're so intense it feels like true labour. And yet, they ALWAYS seem to subside after some time. Real labour pains are supposed to get more and more intense...

Every time I get a cramp, I'll start wondering "if this is the one". Then I'll try to time the contractions, which is quite difficult as I can't really tell when they contractions really start and when they end. Sometimes, it just feels like one LONG contraction that doesn't end for 5 mins or more. In fact, I'd even started noting down the timing of contractions in a small notepad. More often than not, I'd find myself wondering if that little twinge is a contraction or not, and then end up not recording it.

And for the past few nights, I've been waking up SO MANY times to go to the loo. And during every visit, I'd pry my tired eyes open to check for that elusive "show" that's supposed to accompany true labour. And every time, I'd go back to bed, disappointed.

All these events have been wearing me out, especially when I don't get proper sleep at night.

Am getting so tired and sick of the anticipation... In fact, had a rather strong contraction that I thought lasted more than a minute just now. But then, as usual, it went away. And nothing more after that...

Come out whenever you want, Karyn. Mummy can't be bothered now.

Every contraction shall be treated as FALSE ALARM unless proven otherwise.

No comments: