Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Finally I can breathe...

Finally... after much struggling, was put on medical leave till delivery (almost). It's such a relief that I've been spared the torture and torment of coping with work, the mental stress that accompanies it and the physical discomforts of the pregnancy.

For the first time in weeks, I slept through the night. Except for the occasional times I had to get up to pee. That's expected of pregnancy though. At least, I was able to go right back to dreamland almost a split minute after the bathroom trips.

Would you be bored to tears staying at home? A concerned colleague asked.

Well, I sure do not think so. For one, I will not have to face the physical heat in class, battling the boisterous students. That for me, is a major assurance, a major stressor off my mind.

Secondly, there're sooo many things for me to do. I can surf the Net for everything I've always wanted to know about having a natural birth... I can read all the pregnancy and motherhood forums that I can find... I can go to the library and load up on books about birth... and most importantly, I can finally go swimming. Something that I've always wanted to do since my 2nd trimester but have never been able to due to exhaustion after work.

So, for the past week or so, I have been doing all of the above. And cooking dinner on alternate evenings as well. Am so sick of eating outside food that makes me guilty, of whether I'm feeding Karyn nutritious food or not.

All in all, I'm glad to have this break. To prepare myself and Karyn too, for her birth. In the most relaxed and stress-free environment possible.

No comments: