Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Karyn at 28 weeks


Last Sat (1st April), we went to Dr. Ong's clinic at Mount Elizabeth Hospital for my glucose tolerance test. I had to fast from the night before.

When I reached the clinic at 8.25 a.m., it wasn't even opened yet. I must have been too anxious. Several days ago, I had a craving for durians. And asked my mum to buy some from JB where she was getting a colour treatment for her hair. I was worried that little indulgence of mine would affect my glucose test. I was quite worried for the rest of that week.

Anyway, the nurses came in slightly past 8.30 a.m. My blood and urine samples were taken and I was given a bottle of glucose water to drink. It was carbonated and 10 times sweeter than Sprite! Luckily I managed to finish it without puking. After that, Dr. Ong saw me and took a scan of Karyn.

I asked for her position and Dr. Ong said she's head down, facing my right. Great! That's the perfect position for birth!

"Well, it's still early. She may still move around," came the dampener from Dr. Ong.

Anyway, I was happy to know that Karyn's fine and she weighs 1.2 kg, double her weight a month ago.

After the scan, we were told to go walk around and to go back to the clinic to take the 2nd round of blood and urine samples. When we were finally done at 11.45 a.m., I was famished and went to Coffee Club for pasta!

Well, the fasting really disrupted my stomach for the rest of the day. I was so hungry throughout, despite eating popcorn during a 1 p.m. movie. Had to satisfy my hunger again at 4.30 p.m. with a MacDonald's double cheeseburger. Then at dinner, I couldn't eat anything at all. Never to expect that in the middle of the night at 3 a.m., I woke up ravenous and and to climb out of bed to find food. Sigh...

Yesterday, the nurse called and told me that my glucose test results were normal.

Whew! Ain't I glad!

"But you still need to watch your diet, don't over-indulge," advised Hubby.

Sigh...

Well, at least I'm swimming now... Heehee...

No comments: