Monday, May 01, 2006

False alarm!

Had a hard time falling asleep again last night. And what made it worse was, in the middle of the night, after my second visit to the bathroom and upon getting into bed, I felt this familiar sensation in my tummy. It was the third time this was happening...

The first time was the night after I had "kway chap" for dinner... maybe it was all the pig's organs that triggered it. The second time was after I drank barley with lemon at parents-in-law's place. And this time, I really have no idea what could have caused it...

The cramping sensation was persistent. Could it be Braxton Hicks? Doesn't seem like it. Braxton Hicks supposed to come on and off, in an irregular pattern. Mine is just consistent persistent cramping.

Am not sure how too, but I managed to doze off to sleep, never to expect what that was to happen in the morning...

We were supposed to go to my mum's place for lunch. At about 1030 a.m. , I started to have this backache in my lower back. And accompanying it was the cramping sensation in the lower abdomen again.

I suddenly recalled a conversation with Clara. On the day of her labour, she had backache and cramps at the same time.

Oh my gosh! Could this be it?!?!

Oh dear! Quick, Hubby! We've got to pack the hospital bag now!

And in a frenzy, we went about the house getting all the necessary stuff and packed them into my overnight bag, in preparation to go to hospital. Maybe Karyn has really decided to come early!

Many thoughts floated across my mind... hmm... can I still carry on with lunch at Mum's place? Or should I stay home for the first stage of labour? When should I call the gynae? When should I head for the hospital? Oh dear... oh no... I don't know what to do...

In the midst of packing, I sat down to fill in the hospital's pre-admission letter (yes, I haven't even mailed it out yet!). And I found that the backache was aggravated while I was sitting. So I had to get back on my feet again. Somehow, standing helps to alleviate the ache. And without realising it, all that moving around and packing stuff has helped to keep the cramps away.

So... after all that frenzied mad rush in which we managed to finish packing the hospital bag (which I've procrastinated for some weeks now), I realised that the backache and cramps had ceased...

So it was just a false alarm...

Well, whatever the case, at least the hospital bag is packed now... Haha...

1 comment:

Vyvy said...

phew! jia you jia you