Thursday, May 11, 2006

Braxton Hicks's depriving me of sleep! Arghhh!

I'm so sick and tired of this so-called 'labour rehearsals', otherwise known as Braxton Hicks contractions!

Went to bed at 11 p.m. and was woken up at 1 plus in the middle of the night again by it. And tried everything listed on the Internet to help relieve it - changing positions, drinking water, deep breathing - all to no avail. The cramps just won't seem to subside. It tortured me all the way till 5 a.m.

Then I realised I felt hungry, so I got out of bed to get a snack to eat. After munching, I found that I was too full and couldn't get back to sleep. So there I was, half reclining on the bed, wide awake.. all the way till Hubby got up at 630 to go to work. I was semi conscious while he had breakfast and read the newspapers.

I only managed to sleep again after he left for work at 8 a.m. Before long, an sms woke me up again at 9.30 but I managed to fall right back to sleep again. And finally woke up at 10.30 a.m.

Strictly speaking, that means I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night! SIGH!

I HATE BRAXTON HICKS!

If only frequent occurrences leads to shorter and easier labour! Then of course I wouldn't mind. But I haven't managed to find any study on such a relation on the Internet at all! Humph!!!

No comments: