Thursday, May 11, 2006

It'd better help in having an easier labour!

After suffering from daily Braxton Hicks contractions that are driving me crazy, I'm resolute in finding the link between having these 'labour rehearsals' and the ease of actual labour. For the past two days, I've been scouring the Internet for this information. And this is what I found...

"Braxton Hicks contractions help your uterus to practise for your upcoming labour. They help to soften your cervix and exercise all the muscles that you need to push your baby out. Without the help of Braxton Hicks contractions, labour would actually be much more difficult and painful."

Read the article in its entirety at http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/braxton_hicks.html

Well, for all the torment that I'm going through ON A DAILY BASIS now, I sure hope what this article says is true!

No comments: