Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Washing round 3





Over the past 2 weeks, I managed to finish 2 rounds of washing of Karyn's clothes, mittens, bootees, bibs, hats and stuff.

Today's the final round. Washing of nappies and bedlinen. It took an entire 2 hours to finish even though I used the washing machine and did not hand wash.

The reason being: I just realised last weekend, the proper way of using Kodomo Baby Detergent.
The clothes have to be soaked in the detergent (1 cup : 1 litre water) for 20 mins before washing. I didn't do the soaking for the first 2 rounds of washing and decided I should do it this time. Plus the fact that the new Tollyjoy cloth nappies seem to feel quite rough to the touch.

After patiently waiting for the washing for 2 hours, I was ready to hang the nappies and bedlinen out to dry. While hanging them, another surprise awaited me.

While flinging out the nappies (so as to spread it out flat instead of hanging it creased), lots of white lint landed on my dark blue t-shirt. When I was hanging out the bedlinen, I found SOoooo much lint on the bolster cases! And the pillow cases! And the bedsheets! My God!

The worse was when I emptied out the lint container in the washing machine, guess what I saw... One whole thick wad of wet whitish stuff that looked like a cotton pad! I pulled it apart and found that it was all wet lint compacted together. Gosh!

Think I'd better use a lint remover and clean the bedlinen when I take down the laundry. Can't imagine what will happen to Karyn if she breathes in all that lint! Wonder if I should wash the bedlinen again...

No comments: