Friday, May 19, 2006

Sushi buffet


Hubby's right eye suddenly turned red and slightly swollen on Tues night. We figured it must have been due to his staring at the laptop for too long the whole day he was working from home.

The next morning, we woke at 6.30 a.m. (yes, it's been long time since I woke up that early) and found his eyes still red. So we went to see the doctor who diagnosed it as conjunctivities and gave Hubby 3 days' MC.

Well well, despite being on MC, he still continued to work from home that morning after we got back from the clinic.

For lunch, we went to Suki Sushi at Lot 1 and had sushi buffet. It cost $19.90++ per person inclusive of yellow plates that are normally priced at $4.90 each. I thought it'd be worth the money if we just ate 10 plates of yellow plates. We especially like the butter baked oysters. Yummy!

In the end... guess how many yellow plates we ate? Nah.. not 10. Only 9 of them. But we did take some green plates ($1.80 each) too.. so we weren't shortchanged...

And the cream puff was SO yummy too! I kept on taking and taking, one plate after another from the conveyor belt. The second plate was best, 'cos the cream inside was still very much frozen. I found myself addicted to the puffs and continued taking. The puff pastry wasn't overly thick and the cream was just suitably sweet, not too sweet like custurd. In fact, it tasted more like light vanilla ice cream.

Those on subsequent plates I took had mostly melt cream so I found myself searching for that elusive frozen ones. And kept on taking and taking until I finally found one plate with freshly served, frozen cream. And by then, I realised there were 5 dessert (printed) plates on the table.

Haha... I could just sit there the whole day eating their cream puffs.

No comments: